Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode, location and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
BIRDI is a platform that enables businesses to integrate and scale drones into their operations by providing an ‘end to end’ drone management platform.
The BIRDI platform enables any business to leverage the insights provided by drone data and simplifies drone integration by enabling any user to plan a flight, organise a pilot, manage data and gather insights. Our customers can manage one asset, or an entire portfolio, within one desktop platform.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Identity Information: name, age and/or date of birth;
- Contact Information: mailing or street address, email address, telephone number and other relevant contact details which we ask you for;
- Payment Information: credit card information;
- Technical Information: your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Transactional Information: details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, and the payments you have made to us;
- Usage Information: information about how you use our Website, products and services;
- Feedback Information: information you provide to us through customer surveys; and
- Additional Information: any additional information necessary to provide our products and services (including your user name and password), or relating to you that you provide to us directly through our services or Website, or indirectly through your use of our services, Website, online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information, or any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties.
We may collect this information when you:
- register on our Website (including by creating an account with us);
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our Website, services, content and advertising;
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business; or
- apply for employment with us.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Website;
- to allow us to provide the services to you;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Website, business and our users’ experience, such as to develop consumer insights, perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and direct marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our Website and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party suppliers.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. You acknowledge that overseas third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles and if those third parties engage in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, that third party would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our Website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our Website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our Website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, we store and encrypt your data in transit. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or any content on, those linked websites, and have no control over or rights in those linked websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before using those websites.
Choice: You do not have to provide personal information to us, however, if you do not, it may affect your use of our Website, products and/or services.
Access: You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the below contact information. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
Correction: If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Restrict and Unsubscribe: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. You may also unsubscribe from specific communication channels or our e-mail databases by using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication or our contact details below.
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the below contact information. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, you may choose to complain to the relevant regulatory body.