Impact Through Images
“Impact Through Images” is a global drone photography contest to highlight the beauty of our natural landscapes and the impacts of climate change. The contest is an exclusive collaboration between CANVA and BIRDI.
This year, we challenge you to take your drone to the skies and show the environment from above. Share your unique aerial perspective on the environment with photos of cityscapes or natural landscapes, the world is your muse.
There’s no limit to the number of times you can enter.
Reasons to take to the sky.
- Entries cannot feature visible trade marks or likeness to brands or people
- Entries and must contain aerial footage taken by a drone.
- Entries will only be accepted in JPEG format.
- Entries must be minimum 4 megapixels.
- Recognisable people as well as all artwork and private business locations, as well as some other private locations, will need a property release once accepted.
- Entrants must hold all applicable rights to the final entry, including any retouching or other image processing.
- Please read the Terms & Conditions.
Starting date: April 22nd, 2021
Entries close at 8am UTC on the following dates:
- May 2, 2021
- May 9, 2021
- May 16, 2021
- May 23, 2021
- May 30, 2021
- June 6, 2021
- With the Major Prize winner announced at the end of July
Weekly winners announced: Wednesday after the relevant closing dates.
Competition Closes: 0800 UT on June 6, 2021.
From May 2nd to June 6th you have a chance to win a cash prize of $500 USD EACH week.
Each of the 6 weekly winners will go into the draw to win the major cash prize of USD $2,000 and a Canva Pro subscription for one year.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In partnership with numerous pilots, we have tested these Terms and Conditions with our pilot community to ensure we are as transparent as possible with the images you upload.
The full terms and conditions are linked below but please see below key Terms and Conditions:
- Compliance with aviation laws and regulations. You acknowledge that you have complied with appropriate local aviation regulations.
- Compliance with image and ownership rights. You acknowledge that you have full rights and ownership of that image.
- By uploading images you give the Promoters full rights to that image.
- Our intention for the contest and the associated images post contest is: We want the best imagery to align with any campaigns or projects to do with climate change (facilitated through the Canva platform).
- Canva’s intention: build a high-quality imagery database, including to support users running social campaigns.
- BIRDI’s intention: to provide new opportunities to our network of operators and help raise climate change awareness. E.g. allowing academic researchers access to this imagery.
- By uploading imagery to this contest you fully accept all Terms and Conditions in doing so.
Please read full Terms and Conditions HERE.
What are you waiting for? Join thousands of Drone Photographers.
What are you waiting for?