BIRDI is committed to giving our users an efficient end-to-end drone management solution. As such, we are continually monitoring updates and developments from CASA to provide a more integrated BIRDI user experience.
On the 30th of September CASA announced that registration for Drones flown commercially or for business purposes is now open. BIRDI has already completed its drone registration through the MyCASA website.
As per the information released on CASA’s website, here’s what you need to know in regards to the registration process:
- Registration is a quick, online process.
- Registration is free for any drone registered before the 30th of June 2021.
- Registration is valid for 12 months
- Registration is required by the 28th of January 2021
- Applies to all commercial drone use
- Must have an RPA Operators Accreditation if flying drones for commercial use (unless the operator has a remote pilots licence).
From the 28th of January 2021, there will be penalties for unregistered commercial drone operation. The fine is up to $11,100. Modifications to a registered drone may also require you to deregister your drone and register it again as a new drone.
The push for registration comes as CASA focuses on regulating drone flights in an attempt to limit users flying illegally without an understanding of the rules in place.
If you’re after more information please feel free to contact our UAV Operations team by emailing [email protected]