We’re BIRDI 👋 the scalable aerial intelligence platform. We empower operations teams with up-to-date, relevant insights of their sites and assets – captured by our drone pilot network and visualised within our easy-to-use platform – all without our users having to leave their desk.
Our goal is to be the leading aerial intelligence platform across the globe. We’ve got some exciting things on the horizon (new branding, products and more), and we’d love to have you on the journey with us!
We’re an Aussie tech startup ramping up growth and we’re looking for our first Product Manager with experience in UX (and UI = bonus points) to join our fully remote team in a full-time capacity (FT = negotiable if necessary). BIRDI’s Product Manager will be passionate about building products customers love, will take ownership of our product roadmap, and will play a pivotal role in shaping the direction of our platform.
What you will do
- Work closely with our development, sales, marketing and operations teams to understand customer needs and problems, and translate them into products and solutions
- Influence product strategy and take ownership of our product roadmap and entire product lifecycle, from customer problems, to design and execution
- Collaborate with the team on feature prioritisation
- Craft user stories that clearly indicate customer needs that can orient the BIRDI team around the end user experience
- Design, measure and optimise the platform to improve usability, as well as create the best user experience by exploring many different approaches to solve end-users’ problems
- Be comfortable engaging with our customers for research and user feedback to better understand their pain points and goals, and ultimately drive our roadmap
- Produce low fidelity wireframes that can be implemented by the development team
You will be:
- Solutions-oriented, with the ability to prioritise tasks and builds based on business requirements
- An excellent communicator who can articulate your reasoning behind prioritisation decisions, maintain what is in scope and be able to respectfully push back on scope creep and provide rationales for your decisions as needed
- A strong problem solver, who researches and comes to the table with solutions
- Proactive in your approach and always keen to kick product goals
- An awesome addition to our team!
You will have:
- Experience as a product manager – even better if this is within a startup environment, as you’ll be fully across the occasionally fluid nature of a startup role (read: sometimes you’ll chip in across other elements of the business)
- Experience developing and shipping products in the tech space
- UX experience
- Experience taking ownership of of the backlog
- Relevant study/qualifications (but we know these don’t always reflect your current skill-set, so we’ll also accept a great story of how your quals have gotten you to this point in your career)
- UI design experience
🙌 BIRDI is committed to building a diverse workplace and values individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life. We also know people’s career pathways are unique, so if you think you’d be successful in this role but don’t match 100% of the criteria, we still encourage you to reach out.
- Fully remote role, with occasional meetups (if you’re Sydney-based)
- A fun team who take their work, but not themselves too seriously
- Competitive salary + super + potential equity
- The ability to shape BIRDI’s products and features from the ground up
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] or apply directly where this job is advertised.