We’re BIRDI 👋 – a scalable aerial intelligence platform that enables organisations to supercharge their operations through aerial data and insights. Our platform facilitates the capture, QA, visualisation and insights offered through aerial data. We leverage our network of over 2000+ licensed drone pilots across Australia to handle regular, large scale, distributed capture projects.
We’re on the lookout for an Australian 🇦🇺 based frontend developer to join our small and mighty, fully remote team.
- EmotionCSS React Typescript Node Python Cypress
- GDAL PostgreSQL Discord Redis Kafka Kubernetes
- DroneCI Notion Miro Figma Unix AWS
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Demonstrate expertise in one of the following: data intensive application development, front-end development
- Have 2 years commercial experience as a developer
- Have experience running end-to-end testing processes
Experience across CV geospatial/GIS engineering would be advantageous but not a necessity.
BIRDI is committed to building a diverse workplace, and values individuals from all backgrounds and walks of life. We also know people’s career pathways are unique, so if you think you’d be successful in this role but don’t match 100% of the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
Examples of specific responsibilities:
- Improve build performance of front-end transpilation
- Introduction of an interactive 3JS layer to our browser based mapping client to visualise location and position of photos from drones
- Revise log capture and management solution across all services for improved observability, performance analysis, general retrieval and searchability
- Introduction of a Python GDAL based service and accompanying UI
- Fully remote role, with occasional meetups (if you’re Sydney-based)
- A fun team who take their work, but not themselves too seriously
- Competitive salary + super + potential equity
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] with the email subject: “Frontend Developer application”